- A specific project
- Community issues
- Priorities for new research
- The potential impact or benefit to the community
- Research results or findings
Alternatively these can also be used to inform or seek specific information from the community. Forums can be a good way of accessing input from large groups of people in a short period of time.
Opportunities for further involvement in the research project can be offered to consumers and community members whilst at these forums. Consumer and community forums can also be known as Community Conversations.
Who could attend a community forum?
- Consumers or community members
- Members of consumer, advocacy or community organisations
- Community members with a common interest or health issue