These are consumers or community members who have been trained to work with researchers to conduct all or part of the research.
They might be involved in interviewing other consumers or community members, co-facilitating focus groups or analysing results of interviews or questionnaires. This method can be very useful for working with specific groups such as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people or ethnic communities.
Consumer and community researchers can:
- Have input into the development of methodologies
- Carry out interviews with other consumers and community members
- Co-facilitate focus groups
- Analyse results of interviews
- Evaluate the consenting procedure